2 – 4 people
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- ½ tbs caraway seeds
- 1 small red onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 green chili
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves and stems
- 2 tbs Cobram Estate classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 tbs pinenuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tbs sultanas
- 2 tbs water
- 1 cup of Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs Cobram Estate classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Start by making the labne. Drape a chux cloth over a sieve placed over a large mixing bowl. Pour yoghurt into cloth and tie cloth up with a string. Leave to the side for 3-4 hours.
- Take yoghurt out of cloth and put into bowl. It should now be thicker in texture as liquid should have drained from yoghurt. Combine with cumin, honey and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Set aside to serve with meatballs.
- In hot pan over a stove, toast the cumin seeds, coriander, seeds, caraway seeds and chili flakes. Once toasted and fragrant, take off heat and pour spices into a mortar. Grind spices with pestle, keeping some texture to the mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic and onion with lamb mince. Finely dice green chili and add to the bowl. Add ground spices to the mix, along with sultanas, pinenuts and a drizzle olive oil. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roll mince into meatballs and set aside on a tray. Makes approximately 12 meatballs.
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan over a medium-hot stove. Once oil is heated, carefully place meatballs into pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, so a nice crust forms on the base of each meatball. Turn meatballs over in pan and add water. Cover pan with lid and allow to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the base of a large serving dish with labne. Take meatballs out of ban and put on top of labne. Keep pan with liquid on heat and reduce to a saucy consistency. Season with extra salt to taste and take off heat. Pour sauce over the top of meatballs on dish.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...