2 – 4 people
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- ½ tbs caraway seeds
- 1 small red onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 green chili
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves and stems
- 2 tbs Cobram Estate classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 tbs pinenuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tbs sultanas
- 2 tbs water
- 1 cup of Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs Cobram Estate classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Start by making the labne. Drape a chux cloth over a sieve placed over a large mixing bowl. Pour yoghurt into cloth and tie cloth up with a string. Leave to the side for 3-4 hours.
- Take yoghurt out of cloth and put into bowl. It should now be thicker in texture as liquid should have drained from yoghurt. Combine with cumin, honey and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Set aside to serve with meatballs.
- In hot pan over a stove, toast the cumin seeds, coriander, seeds, caraway seeds and chili flakes. Once toasted and fragrant, take off heat and pour spices into a mortar. Grind spices with pestle, keeping some texture to the mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic and onion with lamb mince. Finely dice green chili and add to the bowl. Add ground spices to the mix, along with sultanas, pinenuts and a drizzle olive oil. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roll mince into meatballs and set aside on a tray. Makes approximately 12 meatballs.
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan over a medium-hot stove. Once oil is heated, carefully place meatballs into pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, so a nice crust forms on the base of each meatball. Turn meatballs over in pan and add water. Cover pan with lid and allow to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the base of a large serving dish with labne. Take meatballs out of ban and put on top of labne. Keep pan with liquid on heat and reduce to a saucy consistency. Season with extra salt to taste and take off heat. Pour sauce over the top of meatballs on dish.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Tempranillo or Grenache.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...