- 2 teaspoons Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil, plus extra to serve
- 5 cups Massel Reduced-Salt Liquid Stock Chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ bunch coriander, washed, stems chopped & leaves picked
- 2 cups Coles cooked brown rice
- pinch fine white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 200g Coles leftover BBQ chicken breast, roughly shredded
- 2 tablespoons Asian fried shallots
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce, to serve
- Heat the sesame oil in a large soup pot over a medium heat. Cook the ginger, onion, garlic and coriander stems for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add in the rice, stock and white pepper. Bring up to a boil, then turn down the heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes, or until thick and a porridge consistency. Add extra liquid if the mixture is too thick, or cook for longer of too thin. Stir through the fish sauce and sugar and check for seasoning.
- Spoon the congee into serving bowls and top with the shredded chicken, coriander leaves, fried shallots, peanuts, chili paste and a few drops of sesame oil.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...