- 2 teaspoons Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil, plus extra to serve
- 5 cups Massel Reduced-Salt Liquid Stock Chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ bunch coriander, washed, stems chopped & leaves picked
- 2 cups Coles cooked brown rice
- pinch fine white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 200g Coles leftover BBQ chicken breast, roughly shredded
- 2 tablespoons Asian fried shallots
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce, to serve
- Heat the sesame oil in a large soup pot over a medium heat. Cook the ginger, onion, garlic and coriander stems for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add in the rice, stock and white pepper. Bring up to a boil, then turn down the heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes, or until thick and a porridge consistency. Add extra liquid if the mixture is too thick, or cook for longer of too thin. Stir through the fish sauce and sugar and check for seasoning.
- Spoon the congee into serving bowls and top with the shredded chicken, coriander leaves, fried shallots, peanuts, chili paste and a few drops of sesame oil.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...