Chicken & Kale Caesar Salad
- 300g leftover Coles Hot Roast Family BBQ chicken meat, sliced
- 4 curly kale stems, stalks removed, leaves finely sliced
- 180g Smoked bacon, rind removed
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread, crust removed
- 1Tb Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups celeriac, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 green pear, core removed, thinly sliced
- 100g parmesan cheese, shaved
- ½ clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. ZoOSh whole egg mayonnaise
- lemon juice
- finely grated lemon zest
- maple syrup
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, finely chopped
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium/high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2-minutes each side, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside to drain on paper towel to cool. Place the same pan back onto a medium heat with the olive oil. Place the sourdough bread into a small food processor and blitz into crumbs. Place the breadcrumbs into the pan and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Season with a pinch of sea salt and take off the heat and set aside.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced BBQ chicken, celeriac, celery, kale, pear and parmesan cheese. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Place the salad into serving bowls and break over pieces of the bacon and scatter on the breadcrumbs.
- Cut celeriac can easily oxidize, so place it into a bowl of cold water with a squeeze of lemon in it once prepared to stop it going brown!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...