Chicken & Kale Caesar Salad
- 300g leftover Coles Hot Roast Family BBQ chicken meat, sliced
- 4 curly kale stems, stalks removed, leaves finely sliced
- 180g Smoked bacon, rind removed
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread, crust removed
- 1Tb Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups celeriac, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 green pear, core removed, thinly sliced
- 100g parmesan cheese, shaved
- ½ clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. ZoOSh whole egg mayonnaise
- lemon juice
- finely grated lemon zest
- maple syrup
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, finely chopped
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium/high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2-minutes each side, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside to drain on paper towel to cool. Place the same pan back onto a medium heat with the olive oil. Place the sourdough bread into a small food processor and blitz into crumbs. Place the breadcrumbs into the pan and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Season with a pinch of sea salt and take off the heat and set aside.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced BBQ chicken, celeriac, celery, kale, pear and parmesan cheese. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Place the salad into serving bowls and break over pieces of the bacon and scatter on the breadcrumbs.
- Cut celeriac can easily oxidize, so place it into a bowl of cold water with a squeeze of lemon in it once prepared to stop it going brown!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...