Chicken Katsu Curry
- 4 Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets, skinless & boneless – flattened
- 2 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, grated into `rice` to serve
- 2 cups cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 tbsp ZoOSh Coleslaw Dressing
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Gluten Free Flour
- 500ml Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Stock Chicken
- ¼ cup Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- *Also available in Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2tsp rice vinegar
- For the Katsu sauce, heat the oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add curry powder, stir until fragrant, then stir in the flour and cook until sandy. Gradually whisk in the stock until smooth. Add in the soy sauce, honey and simmer, whisking occasionally for about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 160 C. Combine the almond meal, coconut and sesame seeds in a tray. Coat the chicken in the egg wash, drain any excess and place into the almond mixture. Coat the chicken all over and gently place into the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove and place onto kitchen towel.
- Mix the cabbage, zucchini & dressing in a bowl.
- To serve, place the cauliflower `rice` and cabbage salad onto serving plates. Top with the chicken, drizzle over the katsu sauce and garnish with spring onions.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...