Chicken Katsu Curry
- 4 Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets, skinless & boneless – flattened
- 2 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, grated into `rice` to serve
- 2 cups cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 tbsp ZoOSh Coleslaw Dressing
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Gluten Free Flour
- 500ml Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Stock Chicken
- ¼ cup Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- *Also available in Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2tsp rice vinegar
- For the Katsu sauce, heat the oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add curry powder, stir until fragrant, then stir in the flour and cook until sandy. Gradually whisk in the stock until smooth. Add in the soy sauce, honey and simmer, whisking occasionally for about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 160 C. Combine the almond meal, coconut and sesame seeds in a tray. Coat the chicken in the egg wash, drain any excess and place into the almond mixture. Coat the chicken all over and gently place into the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove and place onto kitchen towel.
- Mix the cabbage, zucchini & dressing in a bowl.
- To serve, place the cauliflower `rice` and cabbage salad onto serving plates. Top with the chicken, drizzle over the katsu sauce and garnish with spring onions.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...