Chicken Katsu Curry
- 4 Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets, skinless & boneless – flattened
- 2 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, grated into `rice` to serve
- 2 cups cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 tbsp ZoOSh Coleslaw Dressing
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Gluten Free Flour
- 500ml Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Stock Chicken
- ¼ cup Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- *Also available in Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2tsp rice vinegar
- For the Katsu sauce, heat the oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add curry powder, stir until fragrant, then stir in the flour and cook until sandy. Gradually whisk in the stock until smooth. Add in the soy sauce, honey and simmer, whisking occasionally for about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 160 C. Combine the almond meal, coconut and sesame seeds in a tray. Coat the chicken in the egg wash, drain any excess and place into the almond mixture. Coat the chicken all over and gently place into the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove and place onto kitchen towel.
- Mix the cabbage, zucchini & dressing in a bowl.
- To serve, place the cauliflower `rice` and cabbage salad onto serving plates. Top with the chicken, drizzle over the katsu sauce and garnish with spring onions.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...