2 – 4 people
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 10 basil leaves, roughly torn
- 200gm mozzarella, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400gm tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Prepare the sauce by heating the oil in a medium pot over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, stir often and cook until fragrant and onions are translucent. Add the tomato paste and fry off for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour in the diced tomatoes, stir through and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Reduce the heat, add the herbs and season with sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Adjust the seasoning to taste if required.
- Slice the chicken breast in half, horizontally (follow the natural break up of the tenderloin). Lay out the breast on a chopping board and cover with baking paper or cling film. Pound out with a mallet to tenderise until thinner and even in thickness.
- Create a breading station with the flour and eggs each in a shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan and chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Lightly cover the chicken in flour, shake of any excess and transfer to the egg. Turn to coat, allow any excess egg to drip off before transferring it to the breadcrumb mixture. Press the crumb into the chicken to secure it and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over a medium-high heat until almost shimmering. Gently lay (away from you) the chicken into the oil and shallow fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to the lined baking tray, top with a spoonful of napolitana sauce, sprinkle over the torn basil leaves and add a layer of sliced mozzarella. Place in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted, and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and season with a little salt and pepper. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...