Chicken Pot Pie
2 – 4 people
- 1 x Coles Family Hot Roast BBQ Chicken, shredded
- 5 sheets Coles Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 200g Coles white mushrooms, sliced
- 200mls white wine, Pizzini Sauvignon Blanc used
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced.
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 50g flour
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- 5 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 250mls milk
- 250mls Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 3 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 180C, fan on.
- Place shredded chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Over a high heat, drizzle some olive oil in a pan and add leeks with a pinch of salt to draw out the sweetness. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft. Add wine, stir and cook for approx. 2 minutes, or until it turns into a syrup-like texture. Add mixture to shredded chicken.
- Bechamel: Using the same pan and a wooden spoon, melt butter and then add flour. Cook and mix until you smell the flour toasting. Add milk in two batches, mixing each time until it’s well combined with other ingredients; repeat process with chicken stock, adding it in two batches and mixing until there are no lumps. Add lemon zest, juice, thyme and parsley and stir.
- Combine the bechamel sauce with the chicken and vegetable mixture and then pour this into a deep oven-friendly serving dish and cover with puff pastry sheets. Using a knife or a fork, prick holes into the puff pastry and then brush with egg wash (eggs beaten). Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for 2-5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...