Chicken Pot Pie
2 – 4 people
- 1 x Coles Family Hot Roast BBQ Chicken, shredded
- 5 sheets Coles Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 200g Coles white mushrooms, sliced
- 200mls white wine, Pizzini Sauvignon Blanc used
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced.
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 50g flour
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- 5 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 250mls milk
- 250mls Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 3 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 180C, fan on.
- Place shredded chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Over a high heat, drizzle some olive oil in a pan and add leeks with a pinch of salt to draw out the sweetness. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft. Add wine, stir and cook for approx. 2 minutes, or until it turns into a syrup-like texture. Add mixture to shredded chicken.
- Bechamel: Using the same pan and a wooden spoon, melt butter and then add flour. Cook and mix until you smell the flour toasting. Add milk in two batches, mixing each time until it’s well combined with other ingredients; repeat process with chicken stock, adding it in two batches and mixing until there are no lumps. Add lemon zest, juice, thyme and parsley and stir.
- Combine the bechamel sauce with the chicken and vegetable mixture and then pour this into a deep oven-friendly serving dish and cover with puff pastry sheets. Using a knife or a fork, prick holes into the puff pastry and then brush with egg wash (eggs beaten). Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for 2-5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...