Chicken Pot Pie
2 – 4 people
- 1 x Coles Family Hot Roast BBQ Chicken, shredded
- 5 sheets Coles Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 200g Coles white mushrooms, sliced
- 200mls white wine, Pizzini Sauvignon Blanc used
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced.
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 50g flour
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- 5 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 250mls milk
- 250mls Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 3 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 180C, fan on.
- Place shredded chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Over a high heat, drizzle some olive oil in a pan and add leeks with a pinch of salt to draw out the sweetness. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft. Add wine, stir and cook for approx. 2 minutes, or until it turns into a syrup-like texture. Add mixture to shredded chicken.
- Bechamel: Using the same pan and a wooden spoon, melt butter and then add flour. Cook and mix until you smell the flour toasting. Add milk in two batches, mixing each time until it’s well combined with other ingredients; repeat process with chicken stock, adding it in two batches and mixing until there are no lumps. Add lemon zest, juice, thyme and parsley and stir.
- Combine the bechamel sauce with the chicken and vegetable mixture and then pour this into a deep oven-friendly serving dish and cover with puff pastry sheets. Using a knife or a fork, prick holes into the puff pastry and then brush with egg wash (eggs beaten). Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for 2-5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...