2 – 4 people
- 500gm chicken mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1 small carrot, grated (approx. ¾ cup packed)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Coles ground fennel seeds, extra for pastry.
- Large pinch of salt
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs (1 for the mince, 1 for brushing pastry )
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Place the chicken, onion, carrot, 1 egg, parmesan, panko, fennel and salt into a bowl and combine.
- Lay out pastry onto a clean work bench and cut both sheets in half to make four rectangular sheets.
- Divide chicken into four portions and lay out evenly, lengthways down the centre of each sheet. Brush one side with egg wash and roll over to seal pastry together. Trim the ends if necessary and cut each roll into 4 equal portions.
- Place rolls seam side down on the prepared baking tray, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with fennel seeds and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve with your favourite sauce!!
Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest that this dish can pair perfectly with a Riesling, Chardonnay or a Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...