2 – 4 people
- 500gm chicken mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1 small carrot, grated (approx. ¾ cup packed)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Coles ground fennel seeds, extra for pastry.
- Large pinch of salt
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs (1 for the mince, 1 for brushing pastry )
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Place the chicken, onion, carrot, 1 egg, parmesan, panko, fennel and salt into a bowl and combine.
- Lay out pastry onto a clean work bench and cut both sheets in half to make four rectangular sheets.
- Divide chicken into four portions and lay out evenly, lengthways down the centre of each sheet. Brush one side with egg wash and roll over to seal pastry together. Trim the ends if necessary and cut each roll into 4 equal portions.
- Place rolls seam side down on the prepared baking tray, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with fennel seeds and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve with your favourite sauce!!
Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest that this dish can pair perfectly with a Riesling, Chardonnay or a Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...