2 – 4 people
- Ainsley Harriott Roasted Vegetable Cous Cous
- 1L Massel Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 Coles BBQ Roast Chicken, white meat only, torn into pieces
- 2 heads of corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Slice ginger into matchsticks and thinly slice garlic.
- In a large pot over a hot stove, pour in a drizzle of olive oil. Add onion, celery and a pinch of salt to the pot. Give a stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger to pot and stir through for 30 seconds or until ginger and garlic is aromatic. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Slice kernels off corncobs and add to pot. Simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until corn has softened.
- Add chicken and cous cous to pot. Stir through and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until cous cous has become plump. Take soup off heat.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle sesame oil over the top of soup. Thinly slice spring onions, green parts only, and garnish soup.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...