2 – 4 people
- 1.5 kg chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons kecap manis, (Indonesian thick sweet soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, plus extra to serve
- 1 lime, quartered
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C. Cut through the joints of the wings and separate into drumettes, wingettes and tips. Set the wing tips aside or place into the freezer for use in another recipe. Arrange the wing pieces onto a baking tray lined with a wire rack so the wings are elevated from the base of the tray. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the wings are golden and the skin has gone crispy. Remove from the oven and place the wings into a large bowl while they are hot and toss with the kacap manis and black pepper until the wings are glossy and evenly coated in the sauce.
- Place on a platter and serve with extra cracked pepper and lime wedges.
- Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with either a Shiraz or a Riesling.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...