Chicken with Sesame Greens
2 – 4 people
- 5 Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. mirin
- 3 Tbsp. caster sugar
- ¼ cup cooking sake
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 8-10 6” bamboo skewers
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for wok
- Shichimi Togarashi to garnish
- 1 bunch baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 bunch broccolini, diced into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 thick spring onions, chopped into 1-inch pieces, plus extra to garnish
- In a hot wok, drizzle a good amount of oil and cook the chicken thighs slightly until they’ve got a nice golden brown colour- do this in two or three batches. Set chicken aside.
- Meanwhile, place a medium saucepan over a medium heat and add the sake, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and ginger and mix together. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to low and simmer to thicken by 1/3, approximately 8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning to balance if required. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Back in the wok over a high heat, throw in the spring onions and allow them to soften slightly, then add broccolini and chicken. Cover with lid so to allow the chicken and greens to steam for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and sesame seeds and toss through. Finally, mix the marinade through.
- To serve, finish with some togarashi seasoning, thinly sliced spring onions and sesame seeds.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...