Chicken with Sesame Greens
2 – 4 people
- 5 Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. mirin
- 3 Tbsp. caster sugar
- ¼ cup cooking sake
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 8-10 6” bamboo skewers
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for wok
- Shichimi Togarashi to garnish
- 1 bunch baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 bunch broccolini, diced into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 thick spring onions, chopped into 1-inch pieces, plus extra to garnish
- In a hot wok, drizzle a good amount of oil and cook the chicken thighs slightly until they’ve got a nice golden brown colour- do this in two or three batches. Set chicken aside.
- Meanwhile, place a medium saucepan over a medium heat and add the sake, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and ginger and mix together. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to low and simmer to thicken by 1/3, approximately 8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning to balance if required. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Back in the wok over a high heat, throw in the spring onions and allow them to soften slightly, then add broccolini and chicken. Cover with lid so to allow the chicken and greens to steam for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and sesame seeds and toss through. Finally, mix the marinade through.
- To serve, finish with some togarashi seasoning, thinly sliced spring onions and sesame seeds.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...