2 – 4 people
- 400g tin Edgell Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup milk
- 200g Edgell corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp chopped dill fronds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tomato Chutney, to serve
- Put all ingredients excluding corn into food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Place corn kernels into food processor bowl and combine with a couple of pulses so that corn kernels still keep most of their shape.
- Add enough oil to pan to lightly cover the bottom and place over a medium-high heat. Drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan, leaving enough room between them to allow for the mixture to spread out a little. Cook fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato chutney and a fresh salad.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with Prosecco
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...