- 12 Coles long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 inch piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 medium red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cups malt vinegar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. salt
- Heat oil in large fry pan or wok over high heat, until smoking. Add all chopped ingredients and fry off until deeply caramelised and charred. Approximately 10- 15 minutes.
- Once mixture is nice and dark, deglaze with vinegar. Add sugar and tomatoes, stir through and cook until sugar has dissolved.
- Place into food processor and blitz. Mixture should be slightly lumpy, you want to keep a little of the texture.
- Return sauce to pan and reduce until it begins to thicken, taste and adjust seasoning with vinegar, sugar and salt if required. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Place into a glass jar and allow to come down to room temperature before refrigerating.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...