- 12 Coles long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 inch piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 medium red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cups malt vinegar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. salt
- Heat oil in large fry pan or wok over high heat, until smoking. Add all chopped ingredients and fry off until deeply caramelised and charred. Approximately 10- 15 minutes.
- Once mixture is nice and dark, deglaze with vinegar. Add sugar and tomatoes, stir through and cook until sugar has dissolved.
- Place into food processor and blitz. Mixture should be slightly lumpy, you want to keep a little of the texture.
- Return sauce to pan and reduce until it begins to thicken, taste and adjust seasoning with vinegar, sugar and salt if required. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Place into a glass jar and allow to come down to room temperature before refrigerating.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...