2 – 4 people
- 1kg Coles fresh green/raw prawns (from the Deli)
- 600ml Cobram Estate olive oil to fry
- 1 egg white
- 1-2 cups potato starch
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Lemon cheeks to serve
- ½ bunch coriander leaves to serve
Salt and Pepper Seasoning :
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- To make the salt and pepper seasoning, combine all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle, grind until a fine powder.
- Remove the heads from the prawns and take out the intestine track.
- Fill a large wok or pan 1/3 full with olive oil and heat to 170-180 degrees C.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then add the prawns to the egg. Using your hands, work the whites into all the prawns.
- Gradually add in the potato starch, until the prawns look dry, shake off any excess flour and cook the prawns, in the hot oil. Using a slotted spoon, remove any small pieces of batter that rise to the surface. Cook the prawns in batches for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain.
- Drain the oil from the pan, reserving 1 tablespoon of oil, Place pan back over a high heat. Add the spring onion, chilli and garlic, toss to combine, then add the prawns, sprinkling over a little of the seasoning as you toss.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and coriander leaves.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...