2 – 4 people
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virigin Olive Oil
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs dried chilli
- 1 Tbs cumin seeds
- 3 Lamb steaks , thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs caster sugar
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- coriander roots , finely chopped
- Place the fennel into a hot pan with oil and cook until caramelised. Add garlic and stir, add chilli , cumin and cook for 1 minute. Transfer into a bowl set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat add oil and lamb. Allow the lamb to cook without stirring so it gets a good colour. Once the lamb has colour turn over and add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, caster sugar, oyster sauce and spring onions.
- Return the fennel to the pan and check for seasoning. Add coriander roots and sesame seeds too to coat. garnish with the greens part of the spring onions to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz or GSM blends
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...