Chinese-Style Fried Rice
4 – 6 people
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 spring onion, white part only, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 3 rashers Coles rindless middle bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp. coriander root and stem, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 400gm corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups Coles Jasmine Rice – cooked & chilled
- 3 spring onion, finely sliced (Green Part)
- 3 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp. kecap manis
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup picked coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp. dried shallots
- Combine eggs and rice in a bowl until all the rice is evenly coated
- In a large wok heat oil over a high heat until oil is glossy. Once the oil is heated add bacon and cook until crispy. Add spring onion, garlic, coriander roots and stems, and chilli and fry off for 1-2 minutes, moving mixture around the wok continuously. Add the carrot and continue to fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture and mix through to coat fried rice evenly. Allow egg to cook for few seconds and then then toss through. Repeat this technique until the egg is evenly cooked.
- Add the corn kernels, carrot, peas and rice and stir-fry for 1 minute, mixing all ingredients together. Add the kecap manis, soy sauce and sesame oil and combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Mix through the green part of the spring onion.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and a sprinkle of dried shallots.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...