Chinese-Style Fried Rice
4 – 6 people
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 spring onion, white part only, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 3 rashers Coles rindless middle bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp. coriander root and stem, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 400gm corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups Coles Jasmine Rice – cooked & chilled
- 3 spring onion, finely sliced (Green Part)
- 3 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp. kecap manis
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup picked coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp. dried shallots
- Combine eggs and rice in a bowl until all the rice is evenly coated
- In a large wok heat oil over a high heat until oil is glossy. Once the oil is heated add bacon and cook until crispy. Add spring onion, garlic, coriander roots and stems, and chilli and fry off for 1-2 minutes, moving mixture around the wok continuously. Add the carrot and continue to fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture and mix through to coat fried rice evenly. Allow egg to cook for few seconds and then then toss through. Repeat this technique until the egg is evenly cooked.
- Add the corn kernels, carrot, peas and rice and stir-fry for 1 minute, mixing all ingredients together. Add the kecap manis, soy sauce and sesame oil and combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Mix through the green part of the spring onion.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and a sprinkle of dried shallots.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...