2 – 4 people
- 500gm Pork and Veal mince
- 50gm hot sopressa, finely diced
- ½ tsp Coles ground cumin
- 1 tsp Coles dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 2 Ainsley Harriot Mexican Snack Pots
- ½ bunch coriander leaves, picked
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large chipotle chilli in Adobo, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Adobo sauce
- 400gm Coles tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Coles dried oregano
- 250ml Massel salt-reduced chicken stock
- ½ Tbsp lime juice
- In a large bowl, add the mince, sopressa, cumin, oregano and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Add the egg and breadcrumbs and mix to incorporate. Form the mince into walnut-sized balls and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Fry off the meatballs in batches, turning to evenly brown, for 5 minutes. Remove to a fresh plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat to make the sauce. Heat the oil, add the onion and cook, stirring often for 5-7 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute until fragrant. Add the chipotle, adobo sauce, tomatoes and the oregano. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the stock, stir through and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the browned meatballs and cook, uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened, and the meatballs are cooked through. Remove from the heat, season with fresh lime juice and adjust to taste if required.
- Meanwhile, prepare the snack pots as per packet instructions. Once tender, fluff with a fork and turn out into serving bowls. Spoon over the meatballs and sauce and garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz or Malbec.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...