Chorizo Croquettes with Herb Aioli
- 500gm potatoes, peeled
- 1 chorizo
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup panko crumb
- Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- ½ cup ZoOSh Free Range Herb Aioli
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, juice
- Cut potatoes into thin cubes, place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season generously with salt and place over a medium-high heat. Boil potatoes until fork-tender, drain and allow to dry out in a colander for 5 minutes. Use a ricer to finely mash the potato into a mixing bowl (**or, mash until very smooth).
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and break up into small pieces. Place a frypan over a medium heat and cook chorizo, stirring often until caramelised, approximately 7-8 minutes. Add the chorizo and any excess oil to the potato, mix through to combine evenly and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the grated parmesan, sour cream and a generous pinch of freshly cracked black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Separate potato mixture into two pieces and turn out onto a cutting board. Roll each portion into a 1-inch thick log, approximately 12” in length. Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate until firm, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove potato logs from wrappers and cut into 1 inch pieces. Mould each piece into an oval shape and set aside. Set up a crumbing station with the flour, egg and panko in separate bowls. Coat each ball in flour and shake off excess, transfer and coat evenly in the egg and finally transfer to panko crumb and press gently to coat. Transfer to a plate ready for frying.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan or deep-fryer to 180C. Fry croquettes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to paper towel to drain and season with a sprinkle of salt. Serve hot with Basil Aioli on the side.
- Place basil leaves, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor and blitz together. Add in the ZoOSh Free Range Herb Aioli and blitz until combined. Transfer to serving bowl or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until required.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...