Chorizo Croquettes with Herb Aioli
- 500gm potatoes, peeled
- 1 chorizo
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup panko crumb
- Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- ½ cup ZoOSh Free Range Herb Aioli
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, juice
- Cut potatoes into thin cubes, place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season generously with salt and place over a medium-high heat. Boil potatoes until fork-tender, drain and allow to dry out in a colander for 5 minutes. Use a ricer to finely mash the potato into a mixing bowl (**or, mash until very smooth).
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and break up into small pieces. Place a frypan over a medium heat and cook chorizo, stirring often until caramelised, approximately 7-8 minutes. Add the chorizo and any excess oil to the potato, mix through to combine evenly and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the grated parmesan, sour cream and a generous pinch of freshly cracked black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Separate potato mixture into two pieces and turn out onto a cutting board. Roll each portion into a 1-inch thick log, approximately 12” in length. Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate until firm, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove potato logs from wrappers and cut into 1 inch pieces. Mould each piece into an oval shape and set aside. Set up a crumbing station with the flour, egg and panko in separate bowls. Coat each ball in flour and shake off excess, transfer and coat evenly in the egg and finally transfer to panko crumb and press gently to coat. Transfer to a plate ready for frying.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan or deep-fryer to 180C. Fry croquettes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to paper towel to drain and season with a sprinkle of salt. Serve hot with Basil Aioli on the side.
- Place basil leaves, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor and blitz together. Add in the ZoOSh Free Range Herb Aioli and blitz until combined. Transfer to serving bowl or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until required.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...