2 – 4 people
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 4 chicken thighs, trimmed, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 rashers bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 100gm button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp Coles plain flour
- 375ml Massel salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the bacon, onion and carrot to the pan, stirring often until onion becomes translucent. Stir in the mushroom and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted. Deglaze with a small amount of stock and return chicken to the pan. Pour over remaining stock, add the thyme and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Spoon filling into 4 ramekins, leaving 1 cm from the top. Lay out pastry and cut out 4 circles to fit the top of each pie. Cut a small X in the middle of each pastry lid and lay over the top of the pie filling. Brush with egg and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chardonnay or Gruner Veltliner or Grenache
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...