Coconut Poached Chicken Salad
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemongrass, halved
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ wombok, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 200 gm snow peas, finely sliced
- 100 gm bean shoots
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint (or regular mint)
- ½ cup granulated peanuts
- ¼ cup crispy golden shallots
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 inch ginger, finely shredded
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf, finely sliced (chiffonnade)
- Place coconut milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Season with salt. Reduce to a simmer and add chicken thighs, submerging completely. Poach Chicken until cooked through, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool slightly. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour until lukewarm. Reserve ½ cup of broth for later.
- Meanwhile, combine fish sauce, vinegar, ginger, chilli and kaffir lime and coconut broth in a small jar or small bowl. Adjust seasoning. *** Flavour should be a balance of sweet, salty, spicy and sour.
- Gently toss together wombok, carrot, snow peas, bean shoots, herbs and dressing. Lay out on serving platter. Remove chicken from refrigerator and finely shred thighs over tossed salad. Cover with peanuts and crispy shallots.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...