Coconut Poached Chicken Salad
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemongrass, halved
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ wombok, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 200 gm snow peas, finely sliced
- 100 gm bean shoots
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint (or regular mint)
- ½ cup granulated peanuts
- ¼ cup crispy golden shallots
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 inch ginger, finely shredded
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf, finely sliced (chiffonnade)
- Place coconut milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Season with salt. Reduce to a simmer and add chicken thighs, submerging completely. Poach Chicken until cooked through, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool slightly. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour until lukewarm. Reserve ½ cup of broth for later.
- Meanwhile, combine fish sauce, vinegar, ginger, chilli and kaffir lime and coconut broth in a small jar or small bowl. Adjust seasoning. *** Flavour should be a balance of sweet, salty, spicy and sour.
- Gently toss together wombok, carrot, snow peas, bean shoots, herbs and dressing. Lay out on serving platter. Remove chicken from refrigerator and finely shred thighs over tossed salad. Cover with peanuts and crispy shallots.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...