Coconut Poached Chicken Salad
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemongrass, halved
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ wombok, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 200 gm snow peas, finely sliced
- 100 gm bean shoots
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint (or regular mint)
- ½ cup granulated peanuts
- ¼ cup crispy golden shallots
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 inch ginger, finely shredded
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf, finely sliced (chiffonnade)
- Place coconut milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Season with salt. Reduce to a simmer and add chicken thighs, submerging completely. Poach Chicken until cooked through, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool slightly. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour until lukewarm. Reserve ½ cup of broth for later.
- Meanwhile, combine fish sauce, vinegar, ginger, chilli and kaffir lime and coconut broth in a small jar or small bowl. Adjust seasoning. *** Flavour should be a balance of sweet, salty, spicy and sour.
- Gently toss together wombok, carrot, snow peas, bean shoots, herbs and dressing. Lay out on serving platter. Remove chicken from refrigerator and finely shred thighs over tossed salad. Cover with peanuts and crispy shallots.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...