2 – 4 people
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Asian shallot, sliced
- 1.5 inch piece galangal, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 400ml Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Stock
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, plus 1 extra for garnish
- 600g firm white-fleshed fish, diced into 1 inch pieces
- Fresh lime to serve
- 1 handful of fresh coriander to serve
- In a wok or deep pan, add olive oil and heat. Add in sliced shallot and garlic, cooking for a few minutes until softened. Add in chilli powder and turmeric and toast them off for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Next, add the coconut milk and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the white part of the lemongrass stalks and add to the pan with the sliced galangal.
- Roughly shred the kaffir lime leaves and add to the pan. Add in the brown sugar and fish sauce. Bring mixture to the boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down low. Bruise the remaining parts of the lemongrass stalks and add to the mixture along with the fish. Gently poach for 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon out poached fish from mixture and serve with fresh coriander and lime juice to taste.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc or Rose.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...