2 – 4 people
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Asian shallot, sliced
- 1.5 inch piece galangal, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 400ml Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Stock
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, plus 1 extra for garnish
- 600g firm white-fleshed fish, diced into 1 inch pieces
- Fresh lime to serve
- 1 handful of fresh coriander to serve
- In a wok or deep pan, add olive oil and heat. Add in sliced shallot and garlic, cooking for a few minutes until softened. Add in chilli powder and turmeric and toast them off for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Next, add the coconut milk and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the white part of the lemongrass stalks and add to the pan with the sliced galangal.
- Roughly shred the kaffir lime leaves and add to the pan. Add in the brown sugar and fish sauce. Bring mixture to the boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down low. Bruise the remaining parts of the lemongrass stalks and add to the mixture along with the fish. Gently poach for 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon out poached fish from mixture and serve with fresh coriander and lime juice to taste.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc or Rose.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...