2 – 4 people
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Asian shallot, sliced
- 1.5 inch piece galangal, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 400ml Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Stock
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, plus 1 extra for garnish
- 600g firm white-fleshed fish, diced into 1 inch pieces
- Fresh lime to serve
- 1 handful of fresh coriander to serve
- In a wok or deep pan, add olive oil and heat. Add in sliced shallot and garlic, cooking for a few minutes until softened. Add in chilli powder and turmeric and toast them off for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Next, add the coconut milk and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the white part of the lemongrass stalks and add to the pan with the sliced galangal.
- Roughly shred the kaffir lime leaves and add to the pan. Add in the brown sugar and fish sauce. Bring mixture to the boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down low. Bruise the remaining parts of the lemongrass stalks and add to the mixture along with the fish. Gently poach for 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon out poached fish from mixture and serve with fresh coriander and lime juice to taste.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc or Rose.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...