Coconut Quinoa Bircher
4 – 6 people
- 160gm Coles mixed colour quinoa, rinsed
- 6 fresh medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 litre coconut milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 passionfruit, halved
- 50g roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 lime to serve
- 120g brown sugar
- Large pinch of Pyramid Salt Flake sea-salt
- 100ml coconut milk
- Place the quinoa, dates, vanilla pod and seeds, cinnamon, 500ml of coconut milk and 300ml of water into a medium saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in 250ml of coconut milk, or until you reach a thick Bircher-like consistency. Refrigerate overnight, or until chilled.
- To make the salted caramel, place the sugar and 60ml water into a small saucepan over a medium-high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring up to the boil and cook until carmelised and syrupy. Remove from the heat and add a good pinch of sea salt flakes and slowly pour in the coconut milk. Be careful of the liquid bubbling over at this step. Cool before serving.
- To serve, Spoon the quinoa Bircher into serving bowls and top with the toasted coconut, apple, passion fruit, almonds, lime zest and juice and a good drizzle of the salted caramel. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston INGREDIENTS: 1.2kg cauliflower, leaves on 2 Tb Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil olive oil TOMATO-HARISSA SAUCE: 1 x can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes ½ cup whole roast almonds 2 clove garlic, peeled 2 teaspoons harissa paste 3 Tb Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Michael Wheldon INGREDIENTS: 1.25kg Coles fresh skin on salmon side fillet 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil Big pinch of salt DRESSING: Dill, stemmed removed and finely chopped 15g tarragon, stems removed, finely chopped 20g chives,...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 2 x Spatchcocks 200ml Orange juice 4x Star Anise ¼ cup sesame seeds ½ cup castor sugar 2 cups Snow Peas 3 x Carrots, peeled and sliced 1 inch ginger, roughly chopped 3 tbsp of Cobram Estate Olive Oil Light Flavor Pinch of Salt...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 4 people TIME: Prep Time 10 mins Cook time 15-20mins INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Graze mince beef 1 Loaf of Sourdough 1 Brown Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, finely diced 2 Thyme sprigs, de-stemmed 1tbs Red Wine vinegar 1tbs Tomato...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston MAKES: 10 INGREDIENTS: 5 Coles free range eggs, at room temperature 2 Tb ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise ½ teaspoon KEEN’s curry powder ½ teaspoon KEEN’s mustard powder ¼ teaspoon KEEN’s chilli powder to garnish 1 Tb chives, finely sliced...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 people INGREDIENTS: 3 cloves garlic, peeled Pinch of sea salt 6 cherry tomatoes, halved 4 snake beans, cut to 2cm lengths and bruised in a mortar and pestle 3 birdseye chillies, finely sliced 2 Tbsp. palm sugar, finely grated 2...