Coconut Quinoa Bircher
4 – 6 people
- 160gm Coles mixed colour quinoa, rinsed
- 6 fresh medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 litre coconut milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 passionfruit, halved
- 50g roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 lime to serve
- 120g brown sugar
- Large pinch of Pyramid Salt Flake sea-salt
- 100ml coconut milk
- Place the quinoa, dates, vanilla pod and seeds, cinnamon, 500ml of coconut milk and 300ml of water into a medium saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in 250ml of coconut milk, or until you reach a thick Bircher-like consistency. Refrigerate overnight, or until chilled.
- To make the salted caramel, place the sugar and 60ml water into a small saucepan over a medium-high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring up to the boil and cook until carmelised and syrupy. Remove from the heat and add a good pinch of sea salt flakes and slowly pour in the coconut milk. Be careful of the liquid bubbling over at this step. Cool before serving.
- To serve, Spoon the quinoa Bircher into serving bowls and top with the toasted coconut, apple, passion fruit, almonds, lime zest and juice and a good drizzle of the salted caramel. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200gm shelled pistachios 1 tsp Coles ground cardamom 1 tsp mixed spice 100gm fine polenta 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 50gm Lurpak unsalted butter 180ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 70gm eggs, room...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 bunches Dutch carrots, washed, trimmed ¼ cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO 2 teaspoons ground turmeric 2 teaspoon ground cumin ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 x 400g can Edgell chickpeas, rinsed, drained...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 kg Coles Chuck Steak1 pkt Coles Brioche RollsBurger Slices500ml Massel Liquid Beef Stock1 Brown Onion, roughly chopped2 Garlic Cloves, quatred100ml Tomato Sauce1tbs Fennel Seeds1tbs Chilli Flakes1tbs...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:200g Coles Hot Smoked Salmon200g Philadelphia Spreadable Cream Cheese4 Simson's Pantry Wholegrain Wraps1 jar of Coles baby capers1 bunch of dill1 tub of Coles cherry bocconcini1 Shallot, sliced thinly1 bunch...
RECIPE BY:Matt SincalirSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250gm macaroni shells200gm smoked bacon, roughly chopped300gm Coles sour cream350ml buttermilk1 cup frozen peasHandful baby spinach250gm Coles grated mozzarella cheeseColes Parmesan cheese40 gm panko crumbs1...
RECIPE BY: Will Stewart SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges 1 cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes 1 teaspoon ground cumin 400g lupin flake 2 tablespoons hulled tahini 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1⁄4...