Coconut Quinoa Bircher
4 – 6 people
- 160gm Coles mixed colour quinoa, rinsed
- 6 fresh medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 litre coconut milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 passionfruit, halved
- 50g roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 lime to serve
- 120g brown sugar
- Large pinch of Pyramid Salt Flake sea-salt
- 100ml coconut milk
- Place the quinoa, dates, vanilla pod and seeds, cinnamon, 500ml of coconut milk and 300ml of water into a medium saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in 250ml of coconut milk, or until you reach a thick Bircher-like consistency. Refrigerate overnight, or until chilled.
- To make the salted caramel, place the sugar and 60ml water into a small saucepan over a medium-high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring up to the boil and cook until carmelised and syrupy. Remove from the heat and add a good pinch of sea salt flakes and slowly pour in the coconut milk. Be careful of the liquid bubbling over at this step. Cool before serving.
- To serve, Spoon the quinoa Bircher into serving bowls and top with the toasted coconut, apple, passion fruit, almonds, lime zest and juice and a good drizzle of the salted caramel. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...