Coconut Quinoa Bircher
4 – 6 people
- 160gm Coles mixed colour quinoa, rinsed
- 6 fresh medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 litre coconut milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 passionfruit, halved
- 50g roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 lime to serve
- 120g brown sugar
- Large pinch of Pyramid Salt Flake sea-salt
- 100ml coconut milk
- Place the quinoa, dates, vanilla pod and seeds, cinnamon, 500ml of coconut milk and 300ml of water into a medium saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in 250ml of coconut milk, or until you reach a thick Bircher-like consistency. Refrigerate overnight, or until chilled.
- To make the salted caramel, place the sugar and 60ml water into a small saucepan over a medium-high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring up to the boil and cook until carmelised and syrupy. Remove from the heat and add a good pinch of sea salt flakes and slowly pour in the coconut milk. Be careful of the liquid bubbling over at this step. Cool before serving.
- To serve, Spoon the quinoa Bircher into serving bowls and top with the toasted coconut, apple, passion fruit, almonds, lime zest and juice and a good drizzle of the salted caramel. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 300gm raw banana prawns, cleaned, chopped into 2cm pieces 130gm raw chorizo, peeled 200gm fettuccine 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced ¼ cup toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed 2 cups baby rocket leaves 2Tb lemon juice 2Tb Cobram Estate...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS : ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tin Coles brown lentils, drained and rinsed 1 Litre Massel liquid Vegetable Stock 4 cloves garlic, grated 1 tsp. KEEN’s Curry Powder ½ KEEN’s Chilli Powder 1 Tsp....
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS : 1 x packet of Coles Finest Lamb Sausages 1 large Brown onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, diced 2tbs KEEN’s Curry Powder 1tbs Cumin powder 2 sprigs of Curry leaf 1 tin of Ardmona Chopped Tomatoes 1 fresh...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 6 - 8 people INGREDIENTS : 1 whole kent pumpkin, around 2/ 2.5kg 1/3 cup (80ml) cobram olive oil 1 brown onion, diced 2 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 cups curly kale, stems removed, finely chopped 2/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 6 people INGREDIENTS: 500gm King prawns, peeled and cleaned 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped 1 egg white 1 tsp. white sugar 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium...