- 1kg Coles Australian Beef Regular Mince 3 star
- 1 Brown onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1 Large Carrot, grated
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 8 Thyme Sprigs, stems removed
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs, stems removed
- 500mls Massel Liquid Stock Beef
- 50g Coles Tomato Sauce
- 750g Potatoes, boiled until soft
- 200mls Coles Cream
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parsley finely sliced, to garnish
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees.
- In a pan heat oil and cook off mince in batches and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil if necessary and once heated add onion, garlic, celery and a pinch of salt. Saute mixture until onions begin to brown slightly before adding carrots, star anise, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary. Stir through for about a minute before adding the beef, tomato sauce and beef stock. Allow to reduce down by half until the sauce become thick.
- Mash potatoes, adding cream and a pinch of salt, mashing until smooth.
- Once sauce has thickened, adjust seasoning as required, adding black pepper and remove bay leaves and star anise. Pour beef mixture into a baking dish and top with mashed potato, smoothing it out to cover the beef mixture and drizzle oil over the top. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the potato is golden on top.
- Garnish with parsley.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...