- 1kg Coles Australian Beef Regular Mince 3 star
- 1 Brown onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1 Large Carrot, grated
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 8 Thyme Sprigs, stems removed
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs, stems removed
- 500mls Massel Liquid Stock Beef
- 50g Coles Tomato Sauce
- 750g Potatoes, boiled until soft
- 200mls Coles Cream
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parsley finely sliced, to garnish
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees.
- In a pan heat oil and cook off mince in batches and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil if necessary and once heated add onion, garlic, celery and a pinch of salt. Saute mixture until onions begin to brown slightly before adding carrots, star anise, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary. Stir through for about a minute before adding the beef, tomato sauce and beef stock. Allow to reduce down by half until the sauce become thick.
- Mash potatoes, adding cream and a pinch of salt, mashing until smooth.
- Once sauce has thickened, adjust seasoning as required, adding black pepper and remove bay leaves and star anise. Pour beef mixture into a baking dish and top with mashed potato, smoothing it out to cover the beef mixture and drizzle oil over the top. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the potato is golden on top.
- Garnish with parsley.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Coles Raisin toast loaf Lurpak Salted butter 6 eggs 200 mls Coles Thickened cream 1 tbsp Coles Dijon Mustard 70 grams Coles Vintage Cheddar, plus more for topping METHOD: Preheat oven to 180 degrees....
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 2kg Coles Slow Cook Lamb Shoulder (bone in), trimmed of excess fat 2 teaspoons Coles whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon Sea salt and pepper Coles Baking paper Coles Aluminum foil...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 can of Edgell Mexican Mix Beans, rinsed and drained ½ can of Edgell corn kernels, rinsed and drained ½ cup of Cous Cous 1 small onion, diced 1 green capsicum, diced 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced...
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...