Creamy Blue Sauce for Gnocchi and Pasta
- 1 cup Pizzini 2017 Pinot Grigio
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon flakey salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 600ml pouring cream
- 300g blue vein cheese, not too piquant (Sweet Gorgonzola or D’Ambert )
- Heat the oil in a pan to medium and sauté the onion and garlic with the salt and pepper until caramelized and golden. Adding the white wine, thyme and bay leaf, simmer gently until the wine has reduced by half. Add the cream, and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the flavours to steep for 15 minutes then remove the bay leaf and thyme sprig. Crumble in 200g of the blue vein cheese and blend until smooth with a stick blender.
- Keep the other 100g of cheese to sprinkle over the gnocchi when serving.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...