- 8 slices Coles Stone Baked Pane Di Casa
- 1 ½ cups finely grated Gruyere
- 2 Tbsp. Ballantyne Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. plain flour
- 2 tsp. KEEN’s Mustard Powder
- 1 cup milk, heated
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Ballantyne spreadable butter
- 150gm ham off the bone
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 8 miniature dill pickles
- Place a medium saucepan over a medium heat and melt butter until it starts to bubble, avoid browning. Mix the flour and mustard powder together, add to the melted butter, stirring until thickened and slightly bubbly, approximately 2-3 minutes. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking continuously until smooth. Cook until sauce has thickened, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from heat and season with white pepper, nutmeg and salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine dried herbs in a small bowl and mix together.
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Take 4 slices and spoon béchamel on the unbuttered side and spread all the way to the edge. Top with sliced ham and grated Gruyere cheese. Sprinkle with mixed dried herbs and place remaining slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Place a large pan over medium heat, place sandwiches into the heated pan and cook until golden, approximately 2 minutes on each side. Transfer onto prepared baking tray, spread the top of the sandwiches with béchamel and sprinkle with grated cheese and dried herbs. Place in the oven and bake until cheese is bubbly and golden. Approximately 10 minutes. Serve with dill pickles on the side.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...