Curry Chicken Free-form Pie
4 – 6 people
- 500g Coles BBQ chicken meat, roughly shredded
- ½ cup Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300gm button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 x 445g sheet of sour cream savoury shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 1 lemon to serve
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees C fan-forced.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the garlic, mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant. Spoon in the flour and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes to cook out the flour. Pour in the stock and coconut cream and stir until smooth. Gently simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken. Place the mixture into the fridge to cool completely.
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper and lay the sheet of pastry over the tray.
- Spoon the chicken curry mixture onto the pastry, leaving a 4cm border. Fold the pastry over to create a crust and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the parsley, cucumber, dill with some olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve the pie with salad and lemon wedges .
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...