Curry Chicken Free-form Pie
4 – 6 people
- 500g Coles BBQ chicken meat, roughly shredded
- ½ cup Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300gm button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 x 445g sheet of sour cream savoury shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 1 lemon to serve
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees C fan-forced.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the garlic, mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant. Spoon in the flour and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes to cook out the flour. Pour in the stock and coconut cream and stir until smooth. Gently simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken. Place the mixture into the fridge to cool completely.
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper and lay the sheet of pastry over the tray.
- Spoon the chicken curry mixture onto the pastry, leaving a 4cm border. Fold the pastry over to create a crust and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the parsley, cucumber, dill with some olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve the pie with salad and lemon wedges .
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...