Curry Chicken Free-form Pie
4 – 6 people
- 500g Coles BBQ chicken meat, roughly shredded
- ½ cup Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300gm button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 x 445g sheet of sour cream savoury shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 1 lemon to serve
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees C fan-forced.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the garlic, mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant. Spoon in the flour and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes to cook out the flour. Pour in the stock and coconut cream and stir until smooth. Gently simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken. Place the mixture into the fridge to cool completely.
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper and lay the sheet of pastry over the tray.
- Spoon the chicken curry mixture onto the pastry, leaving a 4cm border. Fold the pastry over to create a crust and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the parsley, cucumber, dill with some olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve the pie with salad and lemon wedges .
RECIPE BY: Sam Goodwin SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Chicken thigh fillets, skin on 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce 2 tbsp sake 3cm ginger, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 1 tsp caster sugar 1 cup cornflour Sea salt flakes 2L Cobram Estate EVOO oil, for deep...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 16 X-large green king prawns, shell on 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate Light EVOO 2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes 3 green spring onions, finely sliced ½ teaspoon caster...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: FLATBREADS: ¾ cup self-raising flour ½ cup Greek yoghurt Salt 2-3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Robust EVOO DUXELLES: 60m Cobram Estate Robust EVOO 300gm mixed mushrooms, sliced Salt and pepper TO SERVE: 300gm...
RECIPE BY: Karen Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 tbsp Yeo’s Satay sauce 1 lemon (zest only) 1 tsp ground turmeric ½ tsp ground cumin 1 tsp salt 1 tbs sugar 1 tbsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil 3 tbsp cooking oil 400g beef fillet (thinly sliced) 1 pack skewers...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair with Khanh Ong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4 Chicken thigh fillets CHICKEN MARINADE: 1 clove of garlic minced 1 large thumb sized piece of ginger julienned 1⁄3 cup of fish sauce FISH SAUCE CARAMEL: 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO 2...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbs Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin olive oil ¼ cup store bought green curry paste 3 Tbs fish sauce 3 Tbs brown sugar 3 chicken thighs , sliced into strips 200ml Coles coconut cream 500ml Massel...