Curry Lamb Cutlets
Sunny Kulwinder Singh (Owner of Glassy Junction)
- 4 Coles Lamb Cutlets
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dried and roasted fenugreek leaves
- 3 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 shallot diced
- 3-4 tbs Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt and pepper
- *For best results, allow cutlets to marinade in the fridge overnight.
- To marinate the lamb cutlets, mix yoghurt, garlic, ginger and spices together in a bowl. Coat the lamb cutlets in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place marinated cutlets onto an oven tray and cook for 10-12 minutes, turn and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Homemade ‘tandoori oven’ – place cake rack over a high heat on the stove and place coal onto the wrack When coal is hot, place them into a small stainless steel ramekin in the centre of a medium-sized bowl and carefully place the cutlets around it. Pour some ghee over the coal to bring out the smoke and cover bowl with foil. Allow cutlets to take in the smoky flavour for 3-5 minutes, until it stops smoking. *Please be careful if trying this at home – do not touch hot coal or steel bowl with hands*
- Mint sauce: blend the mint leaves, coriander leaves and shallot into a paste and then add Greek yoghurt, salt and pepper and fresh ginger – mix well.
- Serve cutlets with a salad, fresh coriander and mint sauce.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...