- 4 kg Coles RSPCA Approved medium chicken whole, rinsed and dried, wings removed
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil
- 1L Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 250ml Shaoxing wine
- 4 spring onions (white bits only)
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 2inch piece ginger, sliced
- 2 birdseye chillies
- 4 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, (remaining green stems)
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Find a medium pot that will fit the whole chicken snuggly. Place chicken breast side down into the pot and add in the Shaoxing wine and chicken stock. Cut spring onions in half to fit and add to the pot along with the garlic, ginger and 1 birdseye chilli. Top with water to cover the chicken by 2cm. Place over a medium heat and allow liquid to come to a light boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, skimming any impurities off that rise to the surface. Turn off the heat, cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the red sauce by combining chilli, oil, ginger in a food processor. Blitz until well combined before adding sugar, lemon and salt. Blitz until a nice paste.
- Combine the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix to combine. Gently remove chicken onto a chopping board and pour over the soy and sesame to coat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Carve the chicken and serve on a share platter, finely chop the remaining chilli and scatter over the top. Serve with steamed rice and red sauce on the side.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...