- 4 kg Coles RSPCA Approved medium chicken whole, rinsed and dried, wings removed
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil
- 1L Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 250ml Shaoxing wine
- 4 spring onions (white bits only)
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 2inch piece ginger, sliced
- 2 birdseye chillies
- 4 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, (remaining green stems)
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Find a medium pot that will fit the whole chicken snuggly. Place chicken breast side down into the pot and add in the Shaoxing wine and chicken stock. Cut spring onions in half to fit and add to the pot along with the garlic, ginger and 1 birdseye chilli. Top with water to cover the chicken by 2cm. Place over a medium heat and allow liquid to come to a light boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, skimming any impurities off that rise to the surface. Turn off the heat, cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the red sauce by combining chilli, oil, ginger in a food processor. Blitz until well combined before adding sugar, lemon and salt. Blitz until a nice paste.
- Combine the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix to combine. Gently remove chicken onto a chopping board and pour over the soy and sesame to coat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Carve the chicken and serve on a share platter, finely chop the remaining chilli and scatter over the top. Serve with steamed rice and red sauce on the side.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...