Duck Breast with Green Mango Slaw
- 2 duck breasts
- Sea salt
- 1 green mango, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
- 50 gm bean sprouts
- ½ cup picked coriander leaves
- ½ cup picked mint leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts, roasted and blitzed
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup chilli jam
- ¼ lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heavily season both breasts with salt and place skin side down into a large frying pan, off the heat.
- Place pan over a medium heat and slowly render the duck skin. Leave in this position for approx. 8 minutes, until skin is dark brown and crispy.
- Flip breast onto flesh side and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes. Duck should have a nice bounce to it when pinched. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
- While duck is resting, combine mango, carrot, shallots, bean sprouts and herbs in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Thinly slice duck breast and arrange on the plate, dress salad and place on the plate. Garnish dish with roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...