Duck Breast with Green Mango Slaw
- 2 duck breasts
- Sea salt
- 1 green mango, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
- 50 gm bean sprouts
- ½ cup picked coriander leaves
- ½ cup picked mint leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts, roasted and blitzed
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup chilli jam
- ¼ lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heavily season both breasts with salt and place skin side down into a large frying pan, off the heat.
- Place pan over a medium heat and slowly render the duck skin. Leave in this position for approx. 8 minutes, until skin is dark brown and crispy.
- Flip breast onto flesh side and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes. Duck should have a nice bounce to it when pinched. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
- While duck is resting, combine mango, carrot, shallots, bean sprouts and herbs in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Thinly slice duck breast and arrange on the plate, dress salad and place on the plate. Garnish dish with roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...