Duck Breast with Green Mango Slaw
- 2 duck breasts
- Sea salt
- 1 green mango, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
- 50 gm bean sprouts
- ½ cup picked coriander leaves
- ½ cup picked mint leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts, roasted and blitzed
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup chilli jam
- ¼ lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heavily season both breasts with salt and place skin side down into a large frying pan, off the heat.
- Place pan over a medium heat and slowly render the duck skin. Leave in this position for approx. 8 minutes, until skin is dark brown and crispy.
- Flip breast onto flesh side and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes. Duck should have a nice bounce to it when pinched. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
- While duck is resting, combine mango, carrot, shallots, bean sprouts and herbs in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Thinly slice duck breast and arrange on the plate, dress salad and place on the plate. Garnish dish with roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...