2 – 4 people
- 4 large Coles free range eggs
- 1 Tablespoon French/Golden shallot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons baby cornichons, diced, plus extra to serve
- 2 Tablespoons ZoOSh whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus extra to garnish
- 1 Tablespoon dill, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4 large slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread
- 1 Tablespoon Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- Bring a pot of salted water up to the boil and cook the eggs for 8 minutes. Place the eggs into a bowl of iced water and peel once cool enough to touch.
- Chop the eggs into a rough dice and place into a large bowl. Add in the shallot, celery, cornichons, mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon juice, zest, dill, sea salt, cracked black pepper and mix well to combine.
- Drizzle the bread with the oil and grill in a hot dry non-stick frying pan for 30-40 seconds, or until slightly charred.
- To serve, spoon the egg tartare mixture onto bread and garnish with extra lemon zest, dill sprigs and cornichons.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Rose
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...