- 2 cans Ardmona diced/crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp KEEN’s chilli powder
- 2 large purple eggplant, halved (cut crosshatch into the flesh)
- 60ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt to serve
- ¼ cup coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees
- In a pan heat oil and place eggplant halves flesh side down for 2- 3 minutes or a nice golden colour forms. Transfer to a baking tray flesh side up and sprinkle with salt. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In the same pan, add more oil if required and add mustard seed and curry leaves and cook until mustard seeds start popping. Add onion, fennel, ground coriander, turmeric, tomato paste, sugar, chilli, tamarind. Stir through and cook until tomatoes have broken down and sauce has thickened up.
- Transfer eggplants into pan and coat with sauce. Serve as is or plate up on a platter.
- Garnish with yoghurt dolloped over the top and coriander.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...