Fire Roasted Baba Ganoush
- 2 medium purple eggplants
- ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, finely grated
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the eggplants and onion on a wire rack directly over a flame or fire pit embers. Turn occasionally and fire-roast until skin is evenly charred and vegetables have softened, approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Allow any excess juices to drain out.
- Meanwhile, place a small pan over a medium heat, add a little olive oil and the pine nuts. Toast until golden brown, tossing regularly to ensure even colouring. Set aside.
- Slice the eggplants in half and scoop out softened flesh into a bowl. Discard the outer charred skin. Add in the toasted pine nuts, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Press with a fork.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with toasted pita chips. Alternatively, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...