Fire Roasted Baba Ganoush
- 2 medium purple eggplants
- ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, finely grated
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the eggplants and onion on a wire rack directly over a flame or fire pit embers. Turn occasionally and fire-roast until skin is evenly charred and vegetables have softened, approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Allow any excess juices to drain out.
- Meanwhile, place a small pan over a medium heat, add a little olive oil and the pine nuts. Toast until golden brown, tossing regularly to ensure even colouring. Set aside.
- Slice the eggplants in half and scoop out softened flesh into a bowl. Discard the outer charred skin. Add in the toasted pine nuts, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Press with a fork.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with toasted pita chips. Alternatively, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...