Fire Roasted Baba Ganoush
- 2 medium purple eggplants
- ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, finely grated
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the eggplants and onion on a wire rack directly over a flame or fire pit embers. Turn occasionally and fire-roast until skin is evenly charred and vegetables have softened, approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Allow any excess juices to drain out.
- Meanwhile, place a small pan over a medium heat, add a little olive oil and the pine nuts. Toast until golden brown, tossing regularly to ensure even colouring. Set aside.
- Slice the eggplants in half and scoop out softened flesh into a bowl. Discard the outer charred skin. Add in the toasted pine nuts, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Press with a fork.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with toasted pita chips. Alternatively, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...