2 – 4 people
- 12 green prawns
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2cm ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 2 Tsp ground turmeric
- 1 Tsp chilli powder
- 1 Pkt wonton wrappers
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
SESAME LIME MAYO
- 1/3 cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 4-5 drops sesame oil
- Heat a deep-fryer to 190C.
- Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Slice down the belly of the prawn, without cutting through the other side (this will help stop the prawns from curling).
- In a bowl, combine the prawns, turmeric, coriander, chilli powder and grated ginger. Toss to evenly coat the prawns.
- Layout a few wonton wrappers at a time. Place prawns in the centre, with the tail hanging off the edge of the wrapper. Roll each prawn up tightly, folding the edge of the wrapper at the head of the prawn. Seal with water and set aside, Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Gently lower the prawns into the fryer, cooking in batches for 2 minutes or until the wonton wrappers turn golden brown, and the prawn tails are pink. Transfer to paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt. Repeat until all prawns are cooked. Serve immediately with sesame-lime mayo.
- Prepare the mayonnaise in a small bowl, mixing the ingredients together until well combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewürztraminer or Rose
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...