2 – 4 people
- 12 green prawns
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2cm ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 2 Tsp ground turmeric
- 1 Tsp chilli powder
- 1 Pkt wonton wrappers
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
SESAME LIME MAYO
- 1/3 cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 4-5 drops sesame oil
- Heat a deep-fryer to 190C.
- Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Slice down the belly of the prawn, without cutting through the other side (this will help stop the prawns from curling).
- In a bowl, combine the prawns, turmeric, coriander, chilli powder and grated ginger. Toss to evenly coat the prawns.
- Layout a few wonton wrappers at a time. Place prawns in the centre, with the tail hanging off the edge of the wrapper. Roll each prawn up tightly, folding the edge of the wrapper at the head of the prawn. Seal with water and set aside, Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Gently lower the prawns into the fryer, cooking in batches for 2 minutes or until the wonton wrappers turn golden brown, and the prawn tails are pink. Transfer to paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt. Repeat until all prawns are cooked. Serve immediately with sesame-lime mayo.
- Prepare the mayonnaise in a small bowl, mixing the ingredients together until well combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewürztraminer or Rose
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...