Matt Sinclair with Khanh Ong
2 – 4 people
- 4 Chicken thigh fillets
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 large thumb sized piece of ginger julienned 1⁄3 cup of fish sauce
FISH SAUCE CARAMEL:
- 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1⁄2 a thumb sized piece of ginger julienned
- 1 large red chilli thinly sliced, reserve some for garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves for serving
- Dice the chicken thigh into small bite sized pieces and place in a medium sized bowl. Add garlic, ginger and fish sauce into the bowl and combine well. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place a large pan on high heat and add oil and sugar. Wait until the sugar becomes a dark amber colour and then add the marinated chicken and stir well to coat all the chicken. Cover saucepan with a lid and leave to cook for a few minutes. Add ½ ginger and ½ of chilli to saucepan, replace the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add another ½ of the ginger and a ¼ of the chilli and cook with the lid off for another 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, place Chicken and cooking liquid into a medium serving bowl and scatter remaining chili over and fresh coriander.
- Optional to serve with rice or asian greens.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewürztraminer or Viognier
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...