Fish Tacos with Avocado and Jalapeno Dressing
- 800g basa, or any white fish e.g. flathead tails, snapper, whiting, barramundi
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 cup beer (or can be soda water)
- Oil for frying
- 12 Soft corn tortillas to serve, warmed
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp ZoOSh Whole Egg Mayonnaise
Avocado and Jalapeno Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 10 pickled jalapenos from a jar, plus 1Tb of the juice
- 1Tb olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Place all the jalapeno dressing ingredients into a small food processor, season with a pinch of sea salt and blend until smooth.
- Combine all the coleslaw ingredients into a bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Slice the fish into 6cm strips. Place the flour, cumin, coriander, beer and a pinch of sea salt into a bowl and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat 1 inch of sunflower oil a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat (around 170 degrees)
- Dip the fish strips into the batter and gently lower into the oil. Cook the fish for 2 minutes, or until crisp & golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, place the coleslaw into the middle of the warmed tortillas. Top with crispy fish spoon over the jalapeno dressing. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and lime wedges. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...