Fish Tacos with Avocado and Jalapeno Dressing
- 800g basa, or any white fish e.g. flathead tails, snapper, whiting, barramundi
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 cup beer (or can be soda water)
- Oil for frying
- 12 Soft corn tortillas to serve, warmed
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp ZoOSh Whole Egg Mayonnaise
Avocado and Jalapeno Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 10 pickled jalapenos from a jar, plus 1Tb of the juice
- 1Tb olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Place all the jalapeno dressing ingredients into a small food processor, season with a pinch of sea salt and blend until smooth.
- Combine all the coleslaw ingredients into a bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Slice the fish into 6cm strips. Place the flour, cumin, coriander, beer and a pinch of sea salt into a bowl and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat 1 inch of sunflower oil a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat (around 170 degrees)
- Dip the fish strips into the batter and gently lower into the oil. Cook the fish for 2 minutes, or until crisp & golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, place the coleslaw into the middle of the warmed tortillas. Top with crispy fish spoon over the jalapeno dressing. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and lime wedges. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...