Fish Tacos with Avocado and Jalapeno Dressing
- 800g basa, or any white fish e.g. flathead tails, snapper, whiting, barramundi
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 cup beer (or can be soda water)
- Oil for frying
- 12 Soft corn tortillas to serve, warmed
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp ZoOSh Whole Egg Mayonnaise
Avocado and Jalapeno Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 10 pickled jalapenos from a jar, plus 1Tb of the juice
- 1Tb olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Place all the jalapeno dressing ingredients into a small food processor, season with a pinch of sea salt and blend until smooth.
- Combine all the coleslaw ingredients into a bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Slice the fish into 6cm strips. Place the flour, cumin, coriander, beer and a pinch of sea salt into a bowl and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat 1 inch of sunflower oil a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat (around 170 degrees)
- Dip the fish strips into the batter and gently lower into the oil. Cook the fish for 2 minutes, or until crisp & golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, place the coleslaw into the middle of the warmed tortillas. Top with crispy fish spoon over the jalapeno dressing. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and lime wedges. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...