2 – 4 people
- 50gm LURPAK butter
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 1 Litre Massel Beef Stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 slices baguette
- 100gm gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often for 10-15 minutes. Add the sugar, stir through and cook for a further 5 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Add the flour, mix through for 2 minutes. Deglaze with vinegar and gradually pour in the beef stock and add the bay leaf. Stir through and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the baguette slices on a baking tray. Combine the gruyere and parsley and sprinkle on top of each slice. Place under a grill for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Divide soup between 4 bowls and serve with the cheese croutons.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Grenache Shiraz Mataro blends as they are perfect with the sweet onions and oozing cheese
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...