Fried Chicken with Blue Cheese Dressing and Hot Sauce
- 1 pack of Coles chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 250mls Buttermilk
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2cups Plain Flour
- 2tbs smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Onion powder
- 1tbs Garlic powder
- 1tbs Cumin powder
- 1tbs dried Sage
- 1tbs Celery Salt
- 1tsp Cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
Blue Cheese Sauce
- ¼ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Celery Sticks
- Dill Pickles
- Add the chicken and buttermilk in a glass or plastic bowl and mix together. Cover and leave in the fridge over night.
- Add all the chicken dust ingredients into a bowl and mix together until evenly combined. Make ahead of time and keep in a airtight container.
- Add the hot sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix together until evenly combined. Make ahead of time and store in an airtight container.
- Add the Blue cheese sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix together until evenly combined. Make ahead of time and store in an airtight container.
- Heat a saucepan of oil to 180deg celcius.
- Add the chicken dust to a large bowl. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and drop into the dusk, coat the chicken in the dust.
- Fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes until the coating is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. When cooked drain on kitchen paper and season with a pinch of salt.
- Add all the cooked chicken to a bowl and top with the hot sauce. Toss through the hot sauce until the chicken is coated.
- Serve straight away with Blue cheese sauce on the side, garnished with celery sticks and pickles. Enjoy.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...