Fried Chicken with Blue Cheese Dressing and Hot Sauce
- 1 pack of Coles chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 250mls Buttermilk
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2cups Plain Flour
- 2tbs smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Onion powder
- 1tbs Garlic powder
- 1tbs Cumin powder
- 1tbs dried Sage
- 1tbs Celery Salt
- 1tsp Cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
Blue Cheese Sauce
- ¼ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Celery Sticks
- Dill Pickles
- Add the chicken and buttermilk in a glass or plastic bowl and mix together. Cover and leave in the fridge over night.
- Add all the chicken dust ingredients into a bowl and mix together until evenly combined. Make ahead of time and keep in a airtight container.
- Add the hot sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix together until evenly combined. Make ahead of time and store in an airtight container.
- Add the Blue cheese sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix together until evenly combined. Make ahead of time and store in an airtight container.
- Heat a saucepan of oil to 180deg celcius.
- Add the chicken dust to a large bowl. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and drop into the dusk, coat the chicken in the dust.
- Fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes until the coating is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. When cooked drain on kitchen paper and season with a pinch of salt.
- Add all the cooked chicken to a bowl and top with the hot sauce. Toss through the hot sauce until the chicken is coated.
- Serve straight away with Blue cheese sauce on the side, garnished with celery sticks and pickles. Enjoy.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...