- 2 rashers middle bacon, rind removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks shallot (scallion), trimmed and finely chopped
- 2-3 cups day old boiled/rice cooker rice
- 1 cup leftover veggies, chopped into 1cm pieces (leftover roasted veg like carrots and Brussels sprouts are great, as are frozen peas or tinned corn)
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon Lau Gan Ma chilli flakes in oil
- 2 free range eggs, lightly whisked with a fork
- Salt and white pepper
- A handful fresh bean sprouts, to garnish
- In a hot wok, add the bacon and stir fry until golden. Add in the ginger, garlic and shallot and stir fry until translucent, but not browned. Throw in the rice and use the spatula to break it up to remove any clumps, then stir fry for 2-3 minutes to allow the rice to take on the flavours and reheat. Throw in the vegetables, then the kecap manis and chilli flakes in oil (to taste). Bring the wok back up to a high heat, then, in a gradual ribbon, pour in the egg, tossing/stir frying the ingredients constantly, to evenly distribute the egg throughout the rice. The egg will cook very quickly and will continue to cook off the heat from the residual heat in the wok, so it’s important not to overcook. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat. Serve with fresh beansprouts and more chilli oil on top.
- To make this dish more substantial, or to use up any leftovers, you could also add in leftover cooked meat such as roasted chicken or pork, or tofu.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Coles Raisin toast loaf Lurpak Salted butter 6 eggs 200 mls Coles Thickened cream 1 tbsp Coles Dijon Mustard 70 grams Coles Vintage Cheddar, plus more for topping METHOD: Preheat oven to 180 degrees....
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 2kg Coles Slow Cook Lamb Shoulder (bone in), trimmed of excess fat 2 teaspoons Coles whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon Sea salt and pepper Coles Baking paper Coles Aluminum foil...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 can of Edgell Mexican Mix Beans, rinsed and drained ½ can of Edgell corn kernels, rinsed and drained ½ cup of Cous Cous 1 small onion, diced 1 green capsicum, diced 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced...
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...