Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
SATAY PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1Tb peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 2 Tb crunchy peanut butter
- 1Tb kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy)
- 2tsp tamarind paste
- 180ml coconut milk
- 4 x medium potatoes, skin on, diced into 1.5cm squares
- 600ml sunflower oil for frying
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 4 x free range eggs
- 2 cups white cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 x vine tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 150g bean sprouts
- Asian fried shallots to serve
- For the peanut sauce, heat the oil over a medium heat in a small pot. Cook the garlic and chilli for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add in the KEEN’s Curry Powder and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add in the peanut butter, kecap manis, tamarind and coconut milk. Stir well to combine. Bring up to a very gentle simmer and leave to reduce 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium sized pan over a medium heat. When the oil reached 170 degrees, carefully slide in the potatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile blanch the green beans in a pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove the beans with tongs and set aside. In the same pot of boiling water, cook the eggs for 8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove the eggs and place into a bowl of chilled water, peel and slice.
- To serve, place the cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, bean sprouts, green beans, eggs and fried potatoes onto a large serving platter. Pour over the satay dressing and garnish with Asian fried shallots and extra sliced red chili.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...