Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
SATAY PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1Tb peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 2 Tb crunchy peanut butter
- 1Tb kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy)
- 2tsp tamarind paste
- 180ml coconut milk
- 4 x medium potatoes, skin on, diced into 1.5cm squares
- 600ml sunflower oil for frying
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 4 x free range eggs
- 2 cups white cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 x vine tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 150g bean sprouts
- Asian fried shallots to serve
- For the peanut sauce, heat the oil over a medium heat in a small pot. Cook the garlic and chilli for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add in the KEEN’s Curry Powder and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add in the peanut butter, kecap manis, tamarind and coconut milk. Stir well to combine. Bring up to a very gentle simmer and leave to reduce 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium sized pan over a medium heat. When the oil reached 170 degrees, carefully slide in the potatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile blanch the green beans in a pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove the beans with tongs and set aside. In the same pot of boiling water, cook the eggs for 8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove the eggs and place into a bowl of chilled water, peel and slice.
- To serve, place the cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, bean sprouts, green beans, eggs and fried potatoes onto a large serving platter. Pour over the satay dressing and garnish with Asian fried shallots and extra sliced red chili.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...