Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
SATAY PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1Tb peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 2 Tb crunchy peanut butter
- 1Tb kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy)
- 2tsp tamarind paste
- 180ml coconut milk
- 4 x medium potatoes, skin on, diced into 1.5cm squares
- 600ml sunflower oil for frying
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 4 x free range eggs
- 2 cups white cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 x vine tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 150g bean sprouts
- Asian fried shallots to serve
- For the peanut sauce, heat the oil over a medium heat in a small pot. Cook the garlic and chilli for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add in the KEEN’s Curry Powder and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add in the peanut butter, kecap manis, tamarind and coconut milk. Stir well to combine. Bring up to a very gentle simmer and leave to reduce 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium sized pan over a medium heat. When the oil reached 170 degrees, carefully slide in the potatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile blanch the green beans in a pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove the beans with tongs and set aside. In the same pot of boiling water, cook the eggs for 8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove the eggs and place into a bowl of chilled water, peel and slice.
- To serve, place the cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, bean sprouts, green beans, eggs and fried potatoes onto a large serving platter. Pour over the satay dressing and garnish with Asian fried shallots and extra sliced red chili.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...