Garlic and Thyme Cous Cous stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 Pack of Ainsley Harriott Wild Mushroom Couscous
- 8 medium Portobello mushrooms
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs Butter
- 2tbs Cobram Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- ½ bunch of Parsley, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, zest
- 8 eggs, poached
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 160ml water
- 20g butter
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Pour packet of couscous into a bowl, and then pour 160ml of hot water over it. Add butter to make it light and fluffy. Allow to sit for 3-5 mins or until couscous grains have separated and soaked all the water.
- In a lightly oiled pan, fry garlic and onion until golden brown. Add thyme, lemon zest and roughly chopped parsley and mix through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the couscous is ready, add the garlic and onion mixture and combine.
- To prepare the mushrooms for stuffing, remove stalks and align on a tray.
- Then with a spoon, fill in the natural gap of each mushroom so that it is flat and even. Top each one with butter before putting it in the oven.
- Cook in oven for 15 mins (w fan grill on) or until golden brown
- In a saucepan, bring water to the rolling boil and add a good splash of vinegar.
- Crack egg in a mug or teacup and give the water a good swirl before placing the egg in – the trick is to get it as close to the water as possible so it holds together.
- To serve, place two stuffed mushrooms on a plate and sit the poached eggs on top. Finish with fresh parsley.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...