Garlic and Thyme Cous Cous stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 Pack of Ainsley Harriott Wild Mushroom Couscous
- 8 medium Portobello mushrooms
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs Butter
- 2tbs Cobram Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- ½ bunch of Parsley, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, zest
- 8 eggs, poached
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 160ml water
- 20g butter
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Pour packet of couscous into a bowl, and then pour 160ml of hot water over it. Add butter to make it light and fluffy. Allow to sit for 3-5 mins or until couscous grains have separated and soaked all the water.
- In a lightly oiled pan, fry garlic and onion until golden brown. Add thyme, lemon zest and roughly chopped parsley and mix through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the couscous is ready, add the garlic and onion mixture and combine.
- To prepare the mushrooms for stuffing, remove stalks and align on a tray.
- Then with a spoon, fill in the natural gap of each mushroom so that it is flat and even. Top each one with butter before putting it in the oven.
- Cook in oven for 15 mins (w fan grill on) or until golden brown
- In a saucepan, bring water to the rolling boil and add a good splash of vinegar.
- Crack egg in a mug or teacup and give the water a good swirl before placing the egg in – the trick is to get it as close to the water as possible so it holds together.
- To serve, place two stuffed mushrooms on a plate and sit the poached eggs on top. Finish with fresh parsley.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...