Garlic and Thyme Cous Cous stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 Pack of Ainsley Harriott Wild Mushroom Couscous
- 8 medium Portobello mushrooms
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs Butter
- 2tbs Cobram Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- ½ bunch of Parsley, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, zest
- 8 eggs, poached
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 160ml water
- 20g butter
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Pour packet of couscous into a bowl, and then pour 160ml of hot water over it. Add butter to make it light and fluffy. Allow to sit for 3-5 mins or until couscous grains have separated and soaked all the water.
- In a lightly oiled pan, fry garlic and onion until golden brown. Add thyme, lemon zest and roughly chopped parsley and mix through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the couscous is ready, add the garlic and onion mixture and combine.
- To prepare the mushrooms for stuffing, remove stalks and align on a tray.
- Then with a spoon, fill in the natural gap of each mushroom so that it is flat and even. Top each one with butter before putting it in the oven.
- Cook in oven for 15 mins (w fan grill on) or until golden brown
- In a saucepan, bring water to the rolling boil and add a good splash of vinegar.
- Crack egg in a mug or teacup and give the water a good swirl before placing the egg in – the trick is to get it as close to the water as possible so it holds together.
- To serve, place two stuffed mushrooms on a plate and sit the poached eggs on top. Finish with fresh parsley.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...