Ginger & Turmeric Snapper Curry
- 4 x 100gm snapper fillets, skin on
- 150gm ginger, roughly chopped
- 100gm galangal, roughly chopped
- 80gm fresh turmeric, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2-4 green chillies, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive oil, plus extra
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- 500ml coconut cream
- 500ml fish stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- ¼ cup palm sugar, grated
- ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 1 cup beansprouts
- In a food processor add the ginger, turmeric, garlic, chillies and oil and blitz on high to form a smooth paste.
- Place a wok over high heat and heat 2 Tbsp. oil until shimmering. Pour in curry paste and fry off for approximately 5 minutes until aromatic and steam no longer rises from the mixture. Bash the lemongrass with the back of a knife to break the fibres and add into the wok along with the kaffir lime leaves and galangal. Add in the coconut cream, stock, fish sauce, tamarind pulp and palm sugar. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the flavours. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large pan over medium-high. Season fish with salt and place in the pan, skin side down for 3-4 minutes until skin is crispy. Throw in a knob of butter, flip fish over to cook for a further 2 minutes, pouring spoonfuls of butter over the top – continue until opaque and cooked through.
- To serve, pour curry into a serving bowl, removing any lemongrass stalks, top with fish and garnish with freshly picked Thai basil leaves and beansprouts.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...