Ginger & Turmeric Snapper Curry
- 4 x 100gm snapper fillets, skin on
- 150gm ginger, roughly chopped
- 100gm galangal, roughly chopped
- 80gm fresh turmeric, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2-4 green chillies, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive oil, plus extra
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- 500ml coconut cream
- 500ml fish stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- ¼ cup palm sugar, grated
- ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 1 cup beansprouts
- In a food processor add the ginger, turmeric, garlic, chillies and oil and blitz on high to form a smooth paste.
- Place a wok over high heat and heat 2 Tbsp. oil until shimmering. Pour in curry paste and fry off for approximately 5 minutes until aromatic and steam no longer rises from the mixture. Bash the lemongrass with the back of a knife to break the fibres and add into the wok along with the kaffir lime leaves and galangal. Add in the coconut cream, stock, fish sauce, tamarind pulp and palm sugar. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the flavours. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large pan over medium-high. Season fish with salt and place in the pan, skin side down for 3-4 minutes until skin is crispy. Throw in a knob of butter, flip fish over to cook for a further 2 minutes, pouring spoonfuls of butter over the top – continue until opaque and cooked through.
- To serve, pour curry into a serving bowl, removing any lemongrass stalks, top with fish and garnish with freshly picked Thai basil leaves and beansprouts.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...