Ginger & Turmeric Snapper Curry
- 4 x 100gm snapper fillets, skin on
- 150gm ginger, roughly chopped
- 100gm galangal, roughly chopped
- 80gm fresh turmeric, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2-4 green chillies, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive oil, plus extra
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- 500ml coconut cream
- 500ml fish stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- ¼ cup palm sugar, grated
- ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 1 cup beansprouts
- In a food processor add the ginger, turmeric, garlic, chillies and oil and blitz on high to form a smooth paste.
- Place a wok over high heat and heat 2 Tbsp. oil until shimmering. Pour in curry paste and fry off for approximately 5 minutes until aromatic and steam no longer rises from the mixture. Bash the lemongrass with the back of a knife to break the fibres and add into the wok along with the kaffir lime leaves and galangal. Add in the coconut cream, stock, fish sauce, tamarind pulp and palm sugar. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the flavours. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large pan over medium-high. Season fish with salt and place in the pan, skin side down for 3-4 minutes until skin is crispy. Throw in a knob of butter, flip fish over to cook for a further 2 minutes, pouring spoonfuls of butter over the top – continue until opaque and cooked through.
- To serve, pour curry into a serving bowl, removing any lemongrass stalks, top with fish and garnish with freshly picked Thai basil leaves and beansprouts.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...