2 – 4 people
- 500gm leftover roast potatoes, mashed
- 50gm parmesan cheese, grated
- 100gm 00 flour
- 2 tbsp Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 bunch oregano, leaves picked
- ½ bunch basil leaves picked
- 100gm walnuts, toasted
- 50gm parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- 150ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fill a large pot with water and a large pinch of salt. Put onto heat to bring to boil while making the gnocchi dough.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, parmesan, flour and egg yolk and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to incorporate into a dough, add a little water or extra flour if needed. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead for 1-2 minutes until a soft dough is formed. Divide into 4, rolling each section into 30 cm lengths and cut into 1cm pieces. Roll each piece out to 4cm. Cook gnocchi in batches in the pot of salted boiling water until they float, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- To make the pesto, place the herbs, walnuts, cheese, garlic and lemon zest and juice into a food processor and blitz to break up. With the food processor running, gradually pour in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and adjust to taste with lemon juice if required.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan. Once the gnocchi is cooked, strain and transfer to the pan to lightly fry so that they are golden brown on the outside. Add the pesto, stirring through to coat. Take off the heat and divide into serving bowls and top with extra parmesan, cracked pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Wine match: Vermentino
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Vermentino
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...