2 – 4 people
- 20 cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic finely chopped
- 1inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum diced
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp chilli sauce
- 2tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Spring onions for garnish
- Cook the cauliflower florets for 2mins in boiling water and transfer into cold water to stop the cooking.
- Mix the plain flour, corn flour, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and salt with water to make a smooth batter.
- Coat the cauliflower florets in the batter and beep fry until golden brown.
- On a separate pan heat the oil and sauté the garlic, ginger, green chilli and red onion until fragrant.
- Add capsicum, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and salt and cook for 2mins.
- On a separate bowl mix corn flour and water until no lumps.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Add fried cauliflower florets to pan and mix well until all the cauliflower are coated with the spice sauce.
- Garnish with some spring onions.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Verdelho or Rose.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...