2 – 4 people
- 20 cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic finely chopped
- 1inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum diced
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp chilli sauce
- 2tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Spring onions for garnish
- Cook the cauliflower florets for 2mins in boiling water and transfer into cold water to stop the cooking.
- Mix the plain flour, corn flour, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and salt with water to make a smooth batter.
- Coat the cauliflower florets in the batter and beep fry until golden brown.
- On a separate pan heat the oil and sauté the garlic, ginger, green chilli and red onion until fragrant.
- Add capsicum, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and salt and cook for 2mins.
- On a separate bowl mix corn flour and water until no lumps.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Add fried cauliflower florets to pan and mix well until all the cauliflower are coated with the spice sauce.
- Garnish with some spring onions.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Verdelho or Rose.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...