2 – 4 people
- 2 eggplants, sliced 1cm lengthways
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 2 tsp sumac
TAHINI YOGHURT DRESSING
- 2 Tbsp Coles Tahini paste
- ½ cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 Simsons Pantry Wholegrain Wraps
- 1 bunch Kale, stalk removed, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked + torn
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut wraps into chip sized portions. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and sumac. Put into a 180 degree fan-forced oven for around 10 minutes – or until golden and crispy.
- Lay out the eggplant slices on a clean tea towel and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Leave for 10 minutes to extract some of the moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine the tahini-yoghurt ingredients together and season with salt. Adjust seasonings to taste to balance the flavours of sweet, tangy and salty. Add a little water to loosen the dressing if needed. Set aside until required.
- Add the kale and olive oil to a large bowl and season with salt, lemon juice, zest and a drizzle of oil. Massage the kale with the oil for 5 minutes to soften. Add the onion, herbs, chilli and pinenuts and toss to combine. Season to taste with lemon juice and salt and pepper just before serving.
- Using paper towel, pat the eggplant slices dry, brush with olive oil and sprinkle over with salt.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ over a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, lay the eggplant on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, until golden and charred in parts. The eggplant should be cooked through, but still hold its shape. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- On a large serving dish, cover base with yoghurt dressing. Cover with eggplant, greens and oven-baked chips.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Nero d’Avola or Rose
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...