2 – 4 people
- 2 eggplants, sliced 1cm lengthways
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 2 tsp sumac
TAHINI YOGHURT DRESSING
- 2 Tbsp Coles Tahini paste
- ½ cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 Simsons Pantry Wholegrain Wraps
- 1 bunch Kale, stalk removed, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked + torn
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut wraps into chip sized portions. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and sumac. Put into a 180 degree fan-forced oven for around 10 minutes – or until golden and crispy.
- Lay out the eggplant slices on a clean tea towel and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Leave for 10 minutes to extract some of the moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine the tahini-yoghurt ingredients together and season with salt. Adjust seasonings to taste to balance the flavours of sweet, tangy and salty. Add a little water to loosen the dressing if needed. Set aside until required.
- Add the kale and olive oil to a large bowl and season with salt, lemon juice, zest and a drizzle of oil. Massage the kale with the oil for 5 minutes to soften. Add the onion, herbs, chilli and pinenuts and toss to combine. Season to taste with lemon juice and salt and pepper just before serving.
- Using paper towel, pat the eggplant slices dry, brush with olive oil and sprinkle over with salt.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ over a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, lay the eggplant on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, until golden and charred in parts. The eggplant should be cooked through, but still hold its shape. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- On a large serving dish, cover base with yoghurt dressing. Cover with eggplant, greens and oven-baked chips.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Nero d’Avola or Rose
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...