2 – 4 people
- 250gm Coles Smooth ricotta cheese
- 4 large zucchinis
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60gm flaked natural almonds, lightly toasted
- Camp oven with coals
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- To begin, light coals in a camp oven*.
- Trim the ends of the zucchinis and slice in half lengthways. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over each piece. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release excess water and pat dry. Grill in a hot griddle pan until they’ve charred bar marks or to your preference. Once cooked, slice in random sizes.
- Meanwhile, place the ricotta in a small baking dish. In the camp oven place the baking dish on the rack and drizzle a bit of EVOO. Place the lid on the camp oven immediately. Allow to smoke until your desired level of ‘smokey-flavour’ has been reached. Remove the cheese from the pot and spoon out any liquid from the dish. Mix through a lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until required.
- Meanwhile, place the toasted sesame seeds, sumac, herbs and salt in a mortar and pestle and grind to combine. Set aside until required.
- To assemble, place the ricotta on the base of a serving platter and scatter bite-sized pieces of charred zucchini, sprinkle over the almonds and zaatar, and drizzle with remaining EVOO.
- *If you don’t have access to a camp oven, to cook the smoked ricotta, you can also try using wood chips in a hot pan with a lid.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Barrel fermented SB or SBS blends, or alternatively a Pinot Noir
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...