2 – 4 people
- 400gm lamb steak
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried or fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and grated
- 4 Simsons Pantry Extra Large White Wraps
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 baby cos, roughly chopped
- 100gm Greek fetta, crumbled
- In a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic, one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and oregano. Add to a bowl with the lamb, lemon zest and juice of half the lemon. Roughly chop fresh parsley and add to the bowl. Ensure the lamb is evenly coated. For extra flavour, marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat BBQ or griddle pan on a medium-high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Remove lamb from marinade and place in the pan for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare, or 3 minutes each side for medium-well. Remove from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- To make the cucumber yoghurt, cut cumber in half, long ways and remove the seeds from centre. Dice the cucumber and add to a small bowl with some lemon zest, to taste. Add the yoghurt and combine. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and olive oil.
- Put a pan onto medium – high heat, with the remainder of the olive oil. Add two wraps to the pan, stacked on top of each other. Once the bottom wrap has become crispy, flip the pair over without separating.This ensures that one side of each wrap is crispy and the other remains soft but steamed. Once this is done, remove wraps from pan, separated with the crispy side of each facing down.
- Finely slice the lamb. To assemble the gyros, top the middle of the wrap with lamb strips, tomato and lettuce, a dollop of cucumber yoghurt and crumbled fetta. Wrap it all up and enjoy!
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Tempranillo.
RECIPE BY: Karen Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 tbsp Yeo’s Satay sauce 1 lemon (zest only) 1 tsp ground turmeric ½ tsp ground cumin 1 tsp salt 1 tbs sugar 1 tbsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil 3 tbsp cooking oil 400g beef fillet (thinly sliced) 1 pack skewers...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair with Khanh Ong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4 Chicken thigh fillets CHICKEN MARINADE: 1 clove of garlic minced 1 large thumb sized piece of ginger julienned 1⁄3 cup of fish sauce FISH SAUCE CARAMEL: 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO 2...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbs Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin olive oil ¼ cup store bought green curry paste 3 Tbs fish sauce 3 Tbs brown sugar 3 chicken thighs , sliced into strips 200ml Coles coconut cream 500ml Massel...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4 Simson's Pantry Veggie Garden wraps, warmed 2 medium purple eggplants, quartered lengthwise ½ cup olive oil for frying 4 free range eggs, boiled and peeled ISRAELI SALAD: 1 Lebanese cucumber,...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1pkt Ainsley Harriott Moroccan Medley Cous Cous 1 tin Edgell Chickpeas 2 cups cooked quinoa 100g currants 100g pumpkin seeds, toaster 100g chopped almonds 1 bunch parsley 1 bunch mint 1 bunch coriander...
RECIPE BY: Georgia Barnes SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 8 square wonton wrappers Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 1/2 tsp sesame oil 2 tbsp soy sauce 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar 1 tsp sugar 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted 300g sashimi-grade tuna, evenly cubed 1/2 cup...