2 – 4 people
- 400gm lamb steak
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried or fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and grated
- 4 Simsons Pantry Extra Large White Wraps
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 baby cos, roughly chopped
- 100gm Greek fetta, crumbled
- In a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic, one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and oregano. Add to a bowl with the lamb, lemon zest and juice of half the lemon. Roughly chop fresh parsley and add to the bowl. Ensure the lamb is evenly coated. For extra flavour, marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat BBQ or griddle pan on a medium-high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Remove lamb from marinade and place in the pan for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare, or 3 minutes each side for medium-well. Remove from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- To make the cucumber yoghurt, cut cumber in half, long ways and remove the seeds from centre. Dice the cucumber and add to a small bowl with some lemon zest, to taste. Add the yoghurt and combine. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and olive oil.
- Put a pan onto medium – high heat, with the remainder of the olive oil. Add two wraps to the pan, stacked on top of each other. Once the bottom wrap has become crispy, flip the pair over without separating.This ensures that one side of each wrap is crispy and the other remains soft but steamed. Once this is done, remove wraps from pan, separated with the crispy side of each facing down.
- Finely slice the lamb. To assemble the gyros, top the middle of the wrap with lamb strips, tomato and lettuce, a dollop of cucumber yoghurt and crumbled fetta. Wrap it all up and enjoy!
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Tempranillo.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...