2 – 4 people
- 2 kg medium desiree potatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup hickory wood chips
- 2 cups Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the potatoes on a chopping board cut-side down and slice crossways, without going all the way through to the bottom, 5mm apart. Place them into a large mixing bowl. Add 3 Tbsp olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, paprika, oregano, cumin and pinch of salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat the potatoes. Lay the potatoes cut-side down in the baking tray, pour over any excess oil remaining in the bowl. Place in the oven to bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Increase temperature to 200C for a final 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Line a frypan with alfoil and place over a high heat, Spread the wood chips over the foil and light a few chips until smoking. Place the yoghurt in a shallow heat-proof bowl. Place a small rack on top of the smouldering wood chips and sit the yoghurt on top. Cover with a lid or tightly-fitted foil and smoke for 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Heat remaining oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. Add the hazelnuts and toast until aromatic and golden. Transfer to a food processor and pulse to break up. Add the parsley, lemon zest and a little pinch of salt and blitz to combine. Set aside until required.
- To serve, spread the yoghurt out over a serving platter, top with the hasselback potatoes and sprinkle over the hazelnut crumb. Serve immediately to savour the crispiness.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Barbera.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...