2 – 4 people
- 2 kg medium desiree potatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup hickory wood chips
- 2 cups Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the potatoes on a chopping board cut-side down and slice crossways, without going all the way through to the bottom, 5mm apart. Place them into a large mixing bowl. Add 3 Tbsp olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, paprika, oregano, cumin and pinch of salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat the potatoes. Lay the potatoes cut-side down in the baking tray, pour over any excess oil remaining in the bowl. Place in the oven to bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Increase temperature to 200C for a final 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Line a frypan with alfoil and place over a high heat, Spread the wood chips over the foil and light a few chips until smoking. Place the yoghurt in a shallow heat-proof bowl. Place a small rack on top of the smouldering wood chips and sit the yoghurt on top. Cover with a lid or tightly-fitted foil and smoke for 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Heat remaining oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. Add the hazelnuts and toast until aromatic and golden. Transfer to a food processor and pulse to break up. Add the parsley, lemon zest and a little pinch of salt and blitz to combine. Set aside until required.
- To serve, spread the yoghurt out over a serving platter, top with the hasselback potatoes and sprinkle over the hazelnut crumb. Serve immediately to savour the crispiness.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Barbera.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...