2 – 4 people
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 200gm pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 150gm green beans, diced
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 400gm tin Coles diced tomatoes
- 1.5 L Massel Beef stock
- 2 Tbsp Italian mixed dried herbs
- 150gm baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Cook off the pancetta, onion, carrot and celery together, stirring often for 5-6 minutes. Add the barley, herbs and garlic and stir thorough, cooking for a further 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and beans stir through to combine. Pour in the tomato and stock, stir through and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered for 40 minutes, or until barley is cooked through and the stew has thickened. Stir in the spinach leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- **The stew will continue to thicken if it is left to sit prior to serving. Add extra stock if desired or enjoy as is.
- **Season with chilli flakes or chilli powder for extra flavour.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Nebbiolo or Malbec.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...