2 – 4 people
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 200gm pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 150gm green beans, diced
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 400gm tin Coles diced tomatoes
- 1.5 L Massel Beef stock
- 2 Tbsp Italian mixed dried herbs
- 150gm baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Cook off the pancetta, onion, carrot and celery together, stirring often for 5-6 minutes. Add the barley, herbs and garlic and stir thorough, cooking for a further 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and beans stir through to combine. Pour in the tomato and stock, stir through and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered for 40 minutes, or until barley is cooked through and the stew has thickened. Stir in the spinach leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- **The stew will continue to thicken if it is left to sit prior to serving. Add extra stock if desired or enjoy as is.
- **Season with chilli flakes or chilli powder for extra flavour.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Nebbiolo or Malbec.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...