Homemade baked beans
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely diced
- 2tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Cumin Powder
- 1tbs Coriander Powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 bay leaves
- 2tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tins of Ardmona Puree Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- ½ head of Cauliflower, diced fine
- 1 Zucchini, diced fine
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Bread to Serve
- Heat oil in pan with onion and a pinch of salt and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for a further minute. Add in paprika, cumin, coriander and fry off until spices become aromatic. Add cinnamon, star anise and bay leaves, stir through and once mixture starts bubbling, add sugar and vinegar. Cook until sauce thickens up into a syrup before adding tomato puree. Fill both cans up halfway with water and add to your pot along with zucchini, cauliflower. Cook down for 12 minutes to thicken up the sauce. Add all beans, chickpeas, worcestershire, pepper and cook through until beans have warmed but before they start to break down.
- Prior to serving remove star anise, cinnamon quills and bay leaves. Serve on freshly toasted bread.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...