Homemade baked beans
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely diced
- 2tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Cumin Powder
- 1tbs Coriander Powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 bay leaves
- 2tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tins of Ardmona Puree Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- ½ head of Cauliflower, diced fine
- 1 Zucchini, diced fine
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Bread to Serve
- Heat oil in pan with onion and a pinch of salt and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for a further minute. Add in paprika, cumin, coriander and fry off until spices become aromatic. Add cinnamon, star anise and bay leaves, stir through and once mixture starts bubbling, add sugar and vinegar. Cook until sauce thickens up into a syrup before adding tomato puree. Fill both cans up halfway with water and add to your pot along with zucchini, cauliflower. Cook down for 12 minutes to thicken up the sauce. Add all beans, chickpeas, worcestershire, pepper and cook through until beans have warmed but before they start to break down.
- Prior to serving remove star anise, cinnamon quills and bay leaves. Serve on freshly toasted bread.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...