Homemade baked beans
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely diced
- 2tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Cumin Powder
- 1tbs Coriander Powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 bay leaves
- 2tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tins of Ardmona Puree Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- ½ head of Cauliflower, diced fine
- 1 Zucchini, diced fine
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Bread to Serve
- Heat oil in pan with onion and a pinch of salt and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for a further minute. Add in paprika, cumin, coriander and fry off until spices become aromatic. Add cinnamon, star anise and bay leaves, stir through and once mixture starts bubbling, add sugar and vinegar. Cook until sauce thickens up into a syrup before adding tomato puree. Fill both cans up halfway with water and add to your pot along with zucchini, cauliflower. Cook down for 12 minutes to thicken up the sauce. Add all beans, chickpeas, worcestershire, pepper and cook through until beans have warmed but before they start to break down.
- Prior to serving remove star anise, cinnamon quills and bay leaves. Serve on freshly toasted bread.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...