Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut and Swiss cheese
Prep time 10 mins
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 10-15 mins
- 1 pack Coles Graze Beef Sausages with Oregano & Parsley
1 pack Coles Hot Dog Rolls
- 6 pieces Swiss cheese
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 2 rashers of bacon, sliced thinly
- 100g Sauerkraut
- 3 drops apple cider vinegar
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1tbs Ballantynes Rolled Unsalted Butter
- 1 Bottle Coles Mild American mustard
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*1 pack Little Lucifer Ready To Use Smoking Wood Chips – Hickory & Mesquite Flavour
- To prepare the barbecue, pierce the Little Lucifer pack with a fork and place straight onto the charcoal.
- Place sausages on barbecue grill plate, directly on top of the pack, and place lid to trap the smoking flavour. Leave for 5 minutes and flip. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Slice bacon and place on a dry pan at medium-high heat. Add oil and throw in the onions with a pinch of salt – stir until caramelised. Add sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar, thyme and butter. Allow butter to melt.
Create your hot dog:
Toast your hot dog bun on the barbecue and when ready, fill bun with topping. Add the sausage, then layer with a slice of cheese and more topping. Finish with mustard.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...