2 – 4 people
- 1/3 cup applewood wood chips
- 2 salmon fillets, skin off
- 2 Tbsp baby capers
- 250gm PHILADELPHIA original cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 4 bagels
- 100gm rocket leaves
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a frypan lined with alfoil over a high heat. Spread the wood chips over the alfoil and light a few embers until smoking (the heat from the pan will keep them smouldering. Place a small rack over the top of the wood chips and add the salmon fillets. Cover with a lid or tightly fitted alfoil and smoke for approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from the smoker and gently break into flakes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl place the cream cheese, capers, dill, lemon juice and zest and mix until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bagels to warm through. Meanwhile, place the rocket in a small bowl and drizzle over the EVOO, add the zest and a light squeeze of lemon, toss to lightly coat the leaves.
- To assemble, slather the base of each bagel with the cream cheese, layer on the flakes of salmon slices, red onion and dressed rocket, season with freshly cracked black pepper and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...